TITANS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TITANS

Official guild forum for Titans, an SWTOR imperial guild from the deadweight server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eternity Vault Infernal Council

Go down 
AuthorMessage
matayus

Eternity Vault Infernal Council Empty
PostSubject: Eternity Vault Infernal Council   Eternity Vault Infernal Council I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:45 am

Group Composition:
    2 Tanks
    2 Healers
    4 DPS

Attacks:
    These vary between council members
    Juggernauts > decrease armor and prevent healing, low damage, medium health
    Assassins > high damaging DOT, high damage, low health
    Marauders > low damage, high health

Mechanics:
    Each person is assigned to their own council member
    Each person must kill their council member
    You can only help a group member once per minute (you have a debuff where you will do no damage or healing for a minute after helping)
    Fight is timed, must be completed before a certain time limit
    NOTE: Do not use group abilities (Sentinel group healing skill) during this fight, it counts as helping and gives you the debuff

Normal Mode Strategy:

Assign Tanks to fight the Juggernauts, healers fight the assassins and DPS fight the marauders. The Assassin DOT should be cleansed ASAP - for the rest it's just a matter of doing ST-DPS to kill your target.

Make use of your cooldowns and try to kill your target as fast as possible. If you take too long killing yours the whole fight will reset and everyone will have to start over.

Once you kill your target you can help a teammate once every minute. What this means is use your largest single target damage attack (not channeled) - or single largest heal (if necessary). Usually by the time you've killed yours there will only be about a minute left, so make it count.

Hard Mode Strategy:

Same as Normal - council members do more damage

Nightmare Mode Strategy:

Same as above - again they do more damage

16-Man Changes:

The fight is functionally the same, there are just more council members spread around the room. They don't appear to have more health, but they do a bit more damage (slight, could be due to RNG).

NOTE: We were actually running with 4 Tanks at this point because we were meshing 2 separate 8-man groups and everyone was still able to find an optimal target. I'm not sure if the council changes based on your group composition of if it will always include the same - anyone with experience on this could leave a comment and let me know?

Tank Tips:

You don't have to be standing on your target when the fight begins, get yourself far enough away that you can begin with a force leap to generate some focus. I also hit my focus generating skill either right at the start, or just before the fight begins for that extra boost to begin with.

From that point you become a DPS and should use your priority rotation for doing as much damage as quickly as possible. I will often swap out some of my tanking gear for DPS gear just to get that little edge.

I'm often one of the last to complete the fight, but I do get finished. Prioritizing execute after 20% really speeds things up, it's just a matter of keeping your focus high so you can do that.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nGssTDmhMH0
Back to top Go down
matayus

Eternity Vault Infernal Council Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternity Vault Infernal Council   Eternity Vault Infernal Council I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:45 am

Quick Recap:

Tank > Juggernaut, Healer > Assassin, DPS > Marauder
    Each person solos their assigned target
    Kill your target before time runs out
    Help someone else once per minute using your highest damage/healing skill - only after you are completely finished with your own target
Back to top Go down

Eternity Vault Infernal Council
Page 1 of 1