TITANS

Official guild forum for Titans, an SWTOR imperial guild from the deadweight server.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Eternity Vault Ancient Pylons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
matayus

PostSubject: Eternity Vault Ancient Pylons   Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:40 am

Group Composition:
    2 Tanks
    2 Healers
    4 DPS
    Attacks:
    None directly

The symbols are in this order:
    Blue - Green - Red - Purple - White - Yellow

Mechanics:
    Both sides must complete the row before moving on to the next row, this is why you must split into 2 groups
    Adds will spawn at frequent intervals and must be dealt with quickly
    Adds may cast a shield spell that reflects damage
    BUG: South pylon must be completed before North pylon, or they may bug and you will not be able to solve the puzzle

Normal Mode Strategy:

Study the puzzle before beginning and make sure both sides know the optimal turns to complete it. It is possible to finish the puzzle by just clicking the same dial repeatedly (left or right) but that is sub-optimal and will cause you to hit the enrage timer on harder difficulties.
    NOTE: Each side has a different solution, and it will be different every time you enter the instance

Have a volunteer (or assign someone) rotate the dials to solve the puzzle. There will be short periods between each rotation where the terminals are unusable.

Have the Tank pick up the adds as they spawn, they have low health but do very high amounts of damage. DPS should focus on one at a time to bring them down quickly.

There are two group types of adds:
    Humanoid ranged damage
    Giant green monster

The Humanoids always spawn in a group of three (triangle pattern spread out with the consoles being in the bottom middle of the triangle). They are only strong and can be killed quickly. The Giant green monster is an elite and does obscene amounts of damage. Infrequently (or after the enrage timer) two giant green monsters will spawn - it is easier to CC one and kill the other than to keep the tank healed while fighting both of them at once.

Once all four rows are completed at both pylons the encounter is finished.

Hard Mode Strategy:

Two players will have to rotate using the consoles because there is a debuff that prevents them from clicking it too rapidly. Just make sure both players know the combination to complete the locks.

Two Giant Green elites wills spawn more frequently than the single in this mode.

Nightmare Mode Strategy:

This is functionally the same as the Hard Mode, but everything hits significantly harder, and more likely than not you will get the double elite add spawns. The timer is also shorter here, and if you take too long to complete the puzzle adds will begin spawning too fast to keep up with.

BUG?: At one point we had a single elite add spawn, then immediately 2 more. We managed to kill two of them, and then two more spawned, having me tanking 3 for an extended period. The other group had a similar situation and we all died. No one was sure if we had taken too long, or if the spawn timer just messed up suddenly.

16-Man Changes:

We actually had problems with this for the first time, and we were only running on Normal mode. Part of the problems came from us having to PUG about 5 people to fill our 16-man run, and they either weren't aware, or didn't notice the orange shields surrounding the mobs.

Personally even I had trouble with the shields, trying to tank when you can't hit something is difficult. When I saw one of them that I hadn't tagged yet I'd swap and slap him with something before I noticed he was glowing orange.

the major change here is that he 3 add groups are "Strong" and not just normal anymore. They can still be CC'd and such, but they have way more health and last way longer. At times we hadn't finished killing one set before another set popped up, so it felt like I was fighting a lot more instead of standing around waiting for stuff to show up.

Also when the bug showed up it was a Champion rather than an elite (not CCable) which made it very difficult to control. I ended up using both my taunts and slapping it around and it still ignored me to attack another player. I'm not sure if there was a threat dump mechanic or if it wasn't tauntable (I didn't check the buff icons) - but that's something to be aware of.

Tank Tips:

I found it easiest to stand with my back to the controls looking to the right/forward (two adds spawn there, and one to the left). When possible I would saber throw the far right and leap to the center one, then turn to the left and taunt. When saber throw was on Cooldown I would leap to the right, blade storm the center and then taunt to the left. Frequently I was stunned before I could perform any of these maneuvers, you just have to do the best you can.

The ground will shake when the elite add is spawning, and if there is only one he will come from the left. Turn and pick him up immediately, your group should CC the one on the right if two are spawning. These go down quickly, but they do heavy damage - do not be afraid to use defensive cooldowns (especially if you are tanking two at once).

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6xfXWFTQe88
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matayus

PostSubject: Re: Eternity Vault Ancient Pylons   Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:41 am

Quick Recap:
    Two groups, one north, one south
    Solve the puzzle on paper before starting
    Use the consoles immediately when they light up
    ST-DPS adds quickly as they spawn
    CC second elite if necessary
    BUG: Finish south pylon first always